The Washington Post newspaper can be viewed online with a digital subscription or can be delivered directly to your home. For your convenience, the Washington Post has set up an online method for paying your bill. You can log in and make a single payment, or sign up for Easy Pay to have your Washington Post bills paid automatically with your credit card.
Register for a Washington Post Account
To manage your newspaper subscription and make payments, you’ll first need to register an account and create a username and password.
- From the home page, click “Sign In” from the upper right side of the screen.
- Scroll down below the sign in options to “Don’t have an account? Create one today” and click the link
- On the next screen, enter your email address, year of birth, create a password, job title, and zip code
- Select whether you are a home delivery subscriber or not
- Click the “Create My Account” button.
Log Into Your Washington Post Account to Pay Your Bill
After you have created a user ID and password for your Washington Post account you can sign in and make your payment. The website makes it possible to make a one-time payment using your debit, credit card, or bank account. You can also choose to set up automatic payments using Washington Post’s Easy Pay, a free service that will charge your credit card for each bill payment.
- Visit the homepage and click “Sign In” from the upper right side of the screen.
- From the next screen choose to login using your email, Facebook, or Amazon account.
- Once logged in, follow on-screen prompts to pay for your Washington Post bill or renew your subscription.
Washington Post Pay My Bill by Phone
To make a payment by phone, call during Washington Post Hours of Operations and use your checking account to pay your bill:
The Washington Post Hours of Operations
Monday 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Tuesday 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Wednesday 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Thursday 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Friday 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Support Phone Number: (202)-334-61-00