Rumpke trash & recycling provides customers with a website that allows easy access to account information, trash and recycling frequently asked questions, refuse tips, and the ability to make bill payments online. The news and blotter also give you current updates on service issues or scheduling due to weather or holidays. At Rumpke, we try to give you all the information you need about your trash service and bill in one easy location.
Rumpke Pay My Bill Online
Taking care of your trash bill with Rumpke is an easy task. Get started by visiting the website and signing up for new service or viewing your current account.
- Visit the website at rumpke.com
- On the left side of the screen, the third choice down is the ‘pay my bill’ link highlighted in green
- Hovering over this opens a menu of choices, click on the second option down for ‘pay my bill’ which will bring you to the payment information page
- You will need to enroll in the VUEBILL service
- You’ll need your 10-digit account number and then you will click on the ‘click here’ link to move on to the next steps
- You will now click to enroll or enter your user id and password if you created your account previously
- Follow the additional prompts to complete set up and make your bill payment.
Other Ways to Pay Your Rumpke Bill
If paying online is not a convenient option for you, Rumpke trash and recycling makes it easy for you to pay your bill several other ways.
- Auto Debt – visit the website link above to print and mail the auto debt application form. This allows Rumpke to deduct your monthly payment directly from your bank account.
- By Phone – call the number on your bill to make a phone payment. You can pay with credit or debit cards over the phone, but a $3.50 service charge applies.
- By Mail – sent check or money order to:
PO Box 538709
- In Person – visit a Rumpke site to make your payment by cash or check.
- At Walmart – you can visit a Walmart money center or Customer Service Desk to make a payment with cash, a debit card, or a Walmart Money Card. You will need your billing statement with account number. Please note a convenience fee will apply and may vary by location.